recipe for a successful snowy winter photo adventure:
- wait for it to start snowing and then put on your brightest colored dress, patterned tights, and your all weather can-withstand-below-zero-temperature boots.
- grab a friend and a car with four wheel drive (more necessary than any of the above).
- drive eight miles to your neighboring town and pick up two more friends with nice cameras that also happen to be wonderful people that make you laugh.
- find a forest on the edge of a highway, park in the middle of the road (not actually recommended because farmers will probably get mad at you)(that didn't happen but it definitely could have), and walk across a field to get to said forest in foot deep snow.
- enter forest, take the best most wintery pictures of the season, and be sure to be caught in the worst of the storm during the entire shoot.
- make sure everyone wears pea coats and color coordinates. this was unplanned on our part.
- WEAR GLOVES. we did not do this and by the time we got back in the car after a grueling 45 minutes (does it show!?) and put the high on the highest setting it could possibly go, our fingers and toes (not mine, just theirs) ached.
- forget your wallet so you have an excuse to hang out with your gal pal named grace before she leaves for big bad washington dc again so you can buy her coffee next time.
it was the best afternoon, every cold finger and toe considered. more pictures to come! and because i don't know who was taking pictures with my camera and any given time, THANK YOU KATY/DANIELLE/GRACE!
dress: ruche // boots: sorel // scarf & belt: thrifted // tights: the gap